Programme’s organization, promotion and monitoring
The Portugal INCoDe.2030 Initiative is structured as an integrated programme for Portugal, and will be promoted by bringing together and encouraging collaboration between different public and private organizations.
An “Observatory for Digital Competences” has been set up by the Directorate-General for Statistics on Education and Science (DGEEC), which, in collaboration with National Institute for Statistics (INE), monitors and reports on the programme’s development, taking into account the indicators listed in Figure 2 and Table 1. The promotion and coordination of the actions of the programme includes the following levels:
- The Permanent Forum for Digital Competences which aims to promote and articulate a broad range of social actors and ensure widespread mobilisation for the initiative, including a public annual conference in which the developments in each line of action will be presented and analysed. There will also be presentations on national and international success stories and good practices. Throughout the year, there will also be a number of specialised seminars and workshops, and training and promotion of thematic networks will be encouraged. The activities of the forum will be promoted by the Technical Secretariat (referred to below) and its first president will be Rogério Carapuça, president of the Portuguese Association for the Development of Communications (APDC).
- Technical Coordination , which will be the responsibility of the lines-of-action coordinators , whose role is to monitor the development of the activities, based on the information provided by the Technical Secretariat (referred to below) and to present a critical report at the annual conference of the Forum. The coordination during the launch phase of the initiative will be done by:
- Global Coordination
- Pedro Guedes de Oliveira (INESC TEC; University of Porto)
Axis 1: Inclusion
- Sofia Marques da Silva (University of Porto)
- Axis 2: Education
- José Vítor Pedroso (Directorate General for Education)
- Axis 3: Qualification
- Cristina Barros (Polytechnic Institute of Leiria)
- Paulo Feliciano (Institute for Employment and Vocational Training)
- Elisabete de Carvalho (INA - Direção-Geral da Qualificação dos Trabalhadores em Funções Públicas)
- Axis 4: Specialisation
- Eva Oliveira (Polytechnic Institute of Cávado and Ave)
- Pedro Dominguinhos (Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal)
- Luís Correia (IST, University of Lisbon)
- Axis 5: Research
- Susana Sargento (University of Aveiro; Telecommunications Institute)
- Rodrigo Rodrigues (INESC ID; IST, University of Lisbon)
- Global Coordination
- Technical Secretariat for Digital Competences, which aims to monitor the implementation of all planned activities, based on the guidance and supervision of the lines-of-action coordinators, who should be provided with all relevant information, as well as the recommendations of the Permanent Forum for Digital Competences:
- Ana Cristina Neves (FCT, Foundation for Science and Technology), coordination
- Maria João Horta (DGE, Directorate General for Education)
- Helena Duarte (IAPMEI, Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation)
- Maria da Luz Pessoa e Costa (IEFP, Institute of Employment and Vocational Training)
- André Zibaia (AMA, Agency for Administrative Modernization)
- Marina Pereira (National Institute of Administration, DSOI/INA)
The logistical support for the operation of the technical secretariat shall be guaranteed by the Foundation for Science and Technology (DSI/FCT).
- Political coordination , at the level of the Government and the Committee of Education and Science of the Assembly of the Republic.